Oshomo Split Pea Daal
Oshomo Split Pea Daal
About the Split Pea Daal (A.K.A. 'Pease Sir')
An extremely fragrant split pea daal with caramelised onion, and lashings of fresh coriander, seasoned with the Oshomo Herbal Blend - it's a beloved classic, helping bring a touch of warmth and comfort to your day with its time-honoured flavours and unique blend of spices. Perfect for a cosy night in, or to add variety to your weekly meal prep!
High in protein and low in calories, this daal is rich in fibre and carbohydrates, which helps with weight management. The fresh coriander contains essential oil compounds that are fantastic for the blood & the skin.
Why is this for me?
- Packed with organic, nutritious ingredients: All meals are made with ingredients that are organic and nutritious due to them being seasonal, meaning that there are also very little (if any) pesticides, waxes, or preservatives to keep the ingredients fresh, which is better for your health and the planet!
- Triple-filtered PH 9.5 water: All dishes are cooked using triple filtered PH 9.5 water for maximum health, with claims that it supports your immune system, as well as having hydration, skin health, and other detoxifying properties.
- Optimal nutrition and flavour: Oshomo ensures optimal nutrition and flavour in each delicious bite by packing every traditionally-cooked meal full of vital seasonal leafy greens, pulses, phytonutrients, herbs, and spices.
What makes this a healthy choice?
- Seasonal ingredients: Every meal is made with seasonal ingredients, limiting the impact that Oshomo has on the planet, as well as ensuring that your meals are more nutritious (as the ingredients are allowed to ripen naturally at the correct time of year) and pesticide-free, keeping your diet varied, nutritious, and delicious.
- Nutritionally balanced: Made with a mix of seasonal veggies, providing each meal with a healthy and varied mix of different - important - macronutrients, micronutrients, and phytonutrients.
- Loaded with fibre: The seasonal veggies are packed full of fibre, which aids bowel health, lowers cholesterol levels, helps control blood-sugar, and helps to keep you fuller for longer.
Serve it on top of a grain, next to a side of new potatoes, with vegetarian (or non-vegetarian) sausages. It's also delicious as a topping for baked potatoes.
Heating instructions and storage
Heat gently in a pot until piping hot. DO NOT BOIL or RE-HEAT. Keep refrigerated (or freeze for 1 month), and use within 5 days of purchase. After opening, consume within 48 hours.
split green pea*, onion*, fresh coriander, coconut oil*, pink Himalayan salt*, Oshomo Herbal Blend* (contains: CELERY)
*Made by joyful chefs with seasonal ingredients, making the meals fresher, tastier and more nutritious. Due to the freshness of the meals from Oshomo, there are very little (if any) pesticides, waxes, or preservatives to keep the ingredients fresh, which is better for your health and the planet!
All our vendors offer free delivery at The Meal Prep Market! No additional hidden fees. The price you see is the price you pay, and you wont find it cheaper, even at our vendor sites.
We provide support & 3rd Party Protection
We are a neutral party, protecting and providing you with individual support for any delivery queries or issues.